Below you will find information on joining the SWA as well as basic information on our competitively priced insurance. You will also find our Code of Conduct for you to view before deciding whether or not to join the SWA as a full Guild Member.
Because we aim to ensure the highest standards of our members, we reserve the right to suspend membership of anyone who brings the SWA Guild into disrepute. We also reserve the right to refuse membership to the Guild.
Join today from just £6.25 per month and enjoy the following benefits:
- The support of an organisation which fights for your recognition, as a member of the spiritual industry, in the eyes of the law
- Access to our very competitive insurance policy
- HMCA Financial Services (not available to general public)
- Newsletters and member updates
- The use of the organisation's letters after your name - MGSW Member of the Guild of Spiritual Workers
- Legal Advice Helpline
- Various guides to self-employment, sample disclaimers and updates on the law
- Discounts over non-members on forthcoming products and services still being negotiated on your behalf
Prices for individual membership are £60 per year if paid upfront by card, cheque, cash or postal order. The amount can be broken down into more manageable monthly payments and paid by Direct Debit. An additional cost of £15.00 is charged when taking the monthly payment option. This is to cover administration fees. This means the initial deposit will be £6.25 followed by subsequent monthly payments of £6.25. Charges may apply for late and non payments.
If you choose to pay using Direct Debit, please be sure to view the Direct Debit guarantee. You can ring us with your details before or after completing our online pre-membership form, also below. Rest assured though, a member of our team will contact you once you have completed this online membership form as soon as we are free to do so. Please Note: Terms and Conditions do apply and we reserve the right to apply late and non-payment administration charges.
Direct Debit Guarantee
- This Guarantee is offered by all banks and building societies that accept instructions to pay Direct Debits.
- If there are any changes to the amount, date or frequency of your Direct Debit, Debit Finance Collections Plc will notify you 5 working days in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed. If you request Debit Finance Collections Plc to collect payment, confirmation of the amount and date will be given to you at the time of request.
- If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit, by Debit Finance Collections Plc or your bank or Building Society you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society.
- If you receive a full refund you are not entitled to, you must pay it back when Debit Finance Collection Plc asks you to.
- You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by simply contacting your bank or building society. Written confirmation may be required. Please also notify us.
The Insurance Premiums are a separate cost to actual SWA membership but still represents exceptional value for money starting from as little as £34.70 for the block year.
Please Note: The insurance is only available to Guild Members of the SWA and will be affected if membership ceases.
The SWA offers it's members the opportunity to purchase insurance through the MacKay Corporate Insurance Brokers. The policy is underwritten by Royal Sun Alliance and is a block policy that runs from May 6th to May 5th of the subsequent year. If you were to join in say January you would still need to pay the full premium but only be covered up to May 5th of that year. This is the nature of the Block policy and is one reason why the policy is so competitive and affordable. In fact some of our members have told us what they pay for in a month with their current insurance policies is more than what we charge for a whole block year.
Ready to join?Guild Membership
Please note a full Guild membership is £60 a year