Do I have to have insurance?
Yes, here at the SWA we make it a condition of your terms and conditions of membership, but no you don’t have to have insurance with us, although we cannot strongly recommend enough our insurance agents.
After running since 2008 we have been actively and heavily involved in the industry and in particular the law and we cannot see an occasion when Insurance is not either legally required nor prudent and sensible to have as a professional services provider and business trader which as a spiritual worker under the CPR laws, YOU are. Below you will find details on our insurance.
Members only block insurance
- The SWA offers its members the opportunity to purchase insurance through the West of Scotland Insurance brokers (motor and general) Ltd. or W.O.S, The policy is underwritten by Royal Sun Alliance and is a block policy that runs from May to May. This means that this year, it runs from May the 6th 2015 to May the 5th 2016. If you were to join in say January 2015 you would still need to pay the full premium but only be covered up to May the 5th 2015. This is the nature of the block policy and is one reason why the policy is so competitive.
- The SWA and W.O.S can also help with additional insurance needs such as events insurance amongst others on a non-block policy basis if needed so why not get in touch with them directly to find out if they can help you.
- The block insurance policy we offer all our members is extremely competitive when compared with other 'like for like' policies. As with any purchase individuals should check carefully to make sure they understand exactly what they are getting when choosing their insurance cover.
- The Insurance Premiums are a separate cost to actual SWA membership but still represent exceptional value for money. We have managed to secure a low rate on your behalf because as a member of the SWA you are agreeing to adhere to the Code of professional Conduct.
- Please Note: you have to be a member to take advantage of these low insurance prices and if paying by Direct Debit you will need to maintain the monthly premiums or run the risk of not being covered. If you cancel your SWA membership or let the payments lapse you will not be covered by the insurance company and any premiums paid will be forfeit. You do not have to have insurance with us and are welcome to shop around, we are however sure that you will see that like for like policies of the same standards as the one we offer, at the price we are offering are very hard to come by.
- We sometimes get told by members that they can get cheaper when in truth they only have upon further investigation a far inferior level of cover to what we offer. Cheaper cover does not always mean better cover as you invariably get what you pay for. We believe our policy is by far, the lowest priced policy for the level of cover out there in the market place today. Simple.
For more information on the insurance please visit their website by clicking the banner link below and if you wish contact Barbra Mclaughlin at the West of Scotland Insurance brokers for all enquiries regarding to the insurance, her number is 01475 729025. You can also email her on email@example.com to take advantage of this unique offer or if you have any further inquiries.
If you are paying membership monthly and do not keep up your membership payments your insurance Will become invalid. If there are problems with your direct debit please contact us immediately. If your membership lapses for any other reason your insurance may also become invalid.